Everyone is invited and welcome to join the conference, and the planning team is dedicated to digital accessibility. We recognize that everyone has unique participation needs and have considered needs for the following types of disabilities: blind; low vision; color-blind; deaf; deafblind; motor disabilities; speech disabilities; cognitive disabilities; reading disabilities; seizures; and multiple disabilities.
Accessibility conference features
Here are some of the measures we have taken to ensure that participants have an accessible conference experience:
- All conference speakers will be identified before they speak.
- All pre-recorded conference videos will include closed-caption.
- Presentations, such as PowerPoint will not be incorporated into most presentations.
- Attendees can identify any additional accommodations they need to fully participate during the registration process. The conference team will strive to make all accommodations, but cannot guarantee fulfillment due to platform allowances and restrictions.
- Live support will be available during the conference if requested.
- Color is not used as the sole means of conveying content.
- The title attribute and the button feature have been used on the website to clearly define links and indicate that the link opens a new browser window.
- Website pages dedicated to specific conference information have been created so that information is easily found. Links to those pages can be found at the top of each page.
- Participants can attend the conference in person or virtually, so attendees can participate in the comfort of their home or office.
We strive to provide comfortable participation for all but recognize that our platform may not possess certain capabilities and that some standard conference features can pose issues. We have tried to mitigate these inclusions.